In this tutorial, we will learn about variables in Python. we will also discuss to define a variable, assign a value to variables in Python.
What is Variable:
- In Python, variables are a memory location.
- It can store values like numbers and text.
- The value of a variable can be changed.
- The variable is always assigned with the equal(=) sign.
x=10 y="Learn Python" print(x) print(y)
Python is a dynamically typed language, so, you need not to declare type of a variable.
In Python, the variable assignment can be done by using equal(=) symbol. One or more values can assign in variables.
We can assign a single value to a variable.
#single value assignment in a variable n=10 print(n)
We can assign multiple values to a single variable.
#multiple values assignment in a variable n=10,20,30 print(n)
And we can assign multiple values to multiple variables.
#multiple values assignment in multiple variables a,b,c=10,20,30 print(a) print(b) print(c)
Rules for Naming Variables
- The variable name can be a combination of letters, numbers, and underscore.
- The first character of a variable name should not be a number, it must start with a character or underscore.
- A variable name can have both uppercase and lowercase or a combination of both cases.
- Variable name should not be a reserved keyword(predefined word in Python).
- Name of the variable should be meaningful.